Terms & Conditions
The Contract for a short-term holiday rental shall be made between the Client and Windmill Lodges.
The contract shall be governed by UK Law. When you submit a booking via our online reservation system you will receive an automatically generated booking summary by email to the address you provide in the booking form. This does not form a contract between us. A contract shall only arise when a deposit is processed and your booking is subsequently confirmed in writing via a letter of confirmation sent to you by post or email. A reservation can only be made by accepting our terms and conditions. The contract will be subject to the following booking conditions:-
The Client making the booking agrees that they are authorised to make this booking on behalf of all persons who shall be renting the property and agrees to take full responsibility for the property and the payment of any rental fees or damages. At least one person in the party must be over 18 years old.
Occupation of the Lodges
An extra charge per person applies for the occasional use bed for additional guests (max +2). Please note that all persons aged 3 and over must be allocated a bed. To comply with health, safety and insurance policies, unauthorised use of the occasional use bed is not permitted and it can only be used by prior arrangement and paid for before arrival. A z bed is available on request in our one bedroom Chaffinch Lodge and 5* two bedroom Kingfisher Lodge. An extra charge of £30 applies and is only permitted for use by children up to the age of 16. The lodge must not be occupied until the agreed check in time as stated on the booking confirmation.
All lodges are available for group bookings with the exception of Kingfisher Lodge. A group booking is defined as two or more lodges, which are booked to accommodate a large group of guests from the same party.
Period of Hire
The prices quoted are per lodge, per week or short break on a self-catering basis based on the number of guests staying. Weekly rates apply from Friday at 4.00pm to the following Friday at 10.00am or Monday at 4.00pm to the following Monday at 10.00am. Short breaks are for 4 days midweek starting on Monday at 4.00pm to the following Friday at 10.00am, 3 night midweek break starting on Monday at 4.00pm to the following Thursday at 10.00am or 3 night weekend starting on Friday at 4.00pm to the following Monday at l0.00am or two night weekend starting Friday at 4.00pm to Sunday at 10.00am. Periods of longer than a week can be booked if arriving and departing on a Monday or Friday.
We ask that arrival is no earlier than 4pm. You must inform Windmill Lodges if your arrival time will be after 5pm. The lodge must not be occupied until the agreed check in time as stated on the booking confirmation.
A deposit of 25% (minimum £100.00 value) of booking total is payable if the booking is made more than 56 days before the commencement of the rental. The balance is due no later than 56 days before the commencement of your holiday. Non-payment of the balance of the rental by the due date shall be construed as a cancellation of the contract by the Client. For bookings 56 days or less before the commencement of the rental, the total rental fee is payable at the time of booking.
Deposit and balance payments can be made in the following ways: Via online banking payment to Lloyds Bank, Woodbridge Branch. Sort Code 30-99-85, for the account of Windmill Lodges, account number 47659768, with your booking ID as the reference, by calling the office with your debit or credit card details. Payments are also accepted via a Opayo link on your emailed booking summary. Part payments of a minimum of £100 are accepted.
Any changes to your booking, including a change of date will only be accepted (subject to availability) if the request is made no less than 56 days prior to the date of your arrival. This will incur a £30.00 administration charge
We strongly advise that you obtain appropriate travel insurance for the UK which covers booking cancellations. Travel Insurance is available at very affordable rates (including cover for COVID) and gives you the peace of mind that you will get your money back if you need to cancel your holiday. If you choose not to, then you accept responsibility for any loss that you may incur due to your cancellation.
Any cancellation made by the Client must be in writing and sent by email to email@example.com The booking reference number must be included in this email. On receipt of the notice of cancellation, attempts will be made to re-let the lodge by Windmill Lodges for the period of the booking.
If Windmill Lodges are able to re-let all or part of the period booked, Windmill Lodges will issue a refund of monies paid by the Client (less any shortfall in cost of the re-let booking), and an administration charge of £50.00 (inc VAT) per booking. If it has not been possible to re-let the lodge at all, then all monies paid by the Client shall be forfeit to Windmill Lodges. eg if you book a stay costing £1000.00 for which you have paid in full and we re-let the lodge for £1000.00 we will refund £950.00. If we only part re-let the lodge for £500.00 we will refund you £450.00 Any refund due will be processed within 5 working days of the departure date of your booking.
COVID: If UK government travel restrictions mean your holiday cannot legally go ahead, Windmill Lodges will, at your choice, either a) transfer the booking to another date with no administration charge to pay (subject to any additional cost being paid by the Client) b) issue a credit voucher for the value of monies paid on the booking c) process a full refund of the monies paid on the booking. Please note this UK government travel restrictions cover is only applicable to the address given at the time of booking.
Please note this does NOT cover you (or members of your party) if you fall ill with COVID or are required or recommended to quarantine, self-isolate or for shielding. These situations remain at your risk and you are strongly recommended to take out UK Travel Insurance to cover these eventualities.
Your inability to travel: Your inability (or the inability of members of your party) to travel to and stay at Windmill Lodges for any reason (including but not limited to, illness (inc COVID), jury service, incarceration, change in personal or work circumstances, family emergencies and travel delays) remains at your risk and you are strongly recommended to take out UK Travel Insurance to cover these eventualities.
Not all items, equipment and facilities advertised may be available at all times due to breakdown, malfunction, or other reasons. The management of Windmill Lodges will try to rectify any malfunctions as soon as possible but no refund of any or all of the money paid by the client will be made.
Group bookings (families, friends & single sex groups) are welcome at Windmill Lodges with the understanding that they respect the need for privacy and quiet by other guests. Our small quiet site is not suitable for large rowdy groups and we expect all guests to be considerate to those staying in the other log cabins. We want everyone to enjoy their stay with us and ask that there is no audible noise outside after 10pm. Please bear this in mind when using the hot tub.
In order for us to maintain all best levels of hygiene your hot tub is checked on a daily basis the use of your hot tub is prohibited from 10am-12noon each day to enable us to do this. Please note its use cannot be guaranteed on the first night of your stay, due to the heating up time required following a drain and refill. The use of the hot tub will be withdrawn at any time if users are causing a disturbance to others or using it inappropriately. If the hot tub is unavailable for use due to maintenance or repair no refund will be given. Further details of hot tubs can be found in our site rules (in facilities section). All guests wishing to enjoy the hot tub will read and strictly adhere to the guidelines set out in the hot tub risk acknowledgement and disclaimer.
The swimming pool is open from the end of May until the end of September. Please contact us for exact dates. The use of the swimming pool is at your own risk, and the safety rules displayed within the pool dome and your welcome folder regarding it’s use must be strictly adhered to. No persons 16 years and under allowed within the pool dome without adult supervision. The use of the swimming pool will be withdrawn at any time if users are using it inappropriately. If the swimming pool is unavailable for use due to maintenance or repair no refund will be given.
Wifi access is offered in all our log cabins. There is no charge for this service, however please be advised that due to the nature of our connection and our locality, the signal may be weak at times particularly in poor weather. The connection should not be relied upon for work use and may be insufficient for film or game downloads. Use of the free Wifi network is at the discretion of the user and at your own risk. Guests must ensure that illegal material is not viewed or downloaded using our WiFi connection. Windmill Lodges and the network service provider accept no responsibility for any problems resulting from using this service and no guarantee can be given that the network will work with all devices.
Rental charges include bed linen, towels and bathrobes for use during your stay. Towels are for onsite use only. Please bring your own beach towels. Beds will be made up prior to your arrival and for bookings of more than one week replacement linen and towels will be provided at the end of each week. Electricity* and water are included within the rental charge. *additional charge will be made to charge an electric vehicle, this is by prior arrangement only
Care of the Property
The Client shall take all reasonable and proper care of the property and its furniture, pictures, fittings and effects in or on the property and leave them in the same state of repair and in the same clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period as was found at the beginning. If any furniture is moved within the cabin, please ensure it is put back in its original place before departure. Apart from if provided by Windmill Lodges, no candles are to be used in the lodges or in and around the hot tubs. Any electrical item brought into the lodge, eg electrical chargers, hair straighteners must be in good working order and safe to use.
Fixtures & Fittings
All fixtures, fittings and equipment must be used solely for their intended purpose. Windmill Lodges request that you do not take into the lodges any portable heaters, lighting equipment or any items that may cause danger to the lodges, its equipment or its occupants. Any bulky items such as bicycles, fishing or golf equipment are not to be taken into the lodges.
Breakages, Damage, Missing Items & Additional Cleaning
The Client is legally bound to reimburse Windmill Lodges for breakages, damage, missing items or excessive cleaning caused by the party during the period of the rental. This includes any additional cleaning required which is above the expected normal levels for towels, bed linen & bathrobes to include replacement costs if necessary. Bathrobes are for when using the hot tub. Please refrain from eating when wearing them as any additional cleaning required will be charged. Any damage caused as a result of moving furniture, or excess time taken by housekeeping to return furniture to its original place will be charged.
Children under the age of 16 must be supervised at all times. This is particularly important when using the hot tub, swimming pool and whilst in the vicinity of the lake.
Only those persons notified are entitled to occupy the accommodation allocated. As we are a small quiet site we limit the number of visitors. Any visitors your receive during your stay must be arranged in advance of your stay and approved by the lettings manager. Visitors are restricted to a maximum of 4 persons per lodge at any one time. You will be held responsible for the behaviour of your visitors while they are on the site and any visitors who do not have permission to visit will be asked to leave. Visiting guests are not permitted to stay overnight and must vacate the site by 10pm.
Windmill Lodges operates a no smoking policy within the lodges. For any guests deemed to have smoked within the lodge an additional cleaning charge will be made to the person responsible for the booking.
Windmill Lodges accepts pets in the following log cabins only: Wagtail and Woodpecker. Guests staying in these pet friendly cabins must abide by our Terms and Conditions for pets. A security deposit of £100 per pet (max 2) will be required if you are bringing your pet.
Cars and Parking
Parking of vehicles must be in the designated lodge driveway and not on the grassed area. If any damage is caused by driving vehicles on the grassed area, the client is legally bound to reimburse Windmill Lodges for any repair costs incurred. Vehicles must not obstruct the roadway. Your vehicles, their accessories and contents are left entirely at your risk. Windmill Lodges will not be responsible for any loss or damage from or to any vehicle. Repairs to vehicles (except emergency repairs) must not be carried out. Please do not exceed 5 mph when driving around our site.
Drones & Fireworks
The use of drones and fireworks is strictly not permitted on or over the site.
We encourage our guests to join in with our commitment to reducing, reusing and recycling. Further details can be found in our environmental policy. Details of what you are able to recycle during your stay can be found in your welcome folder and in your kitchen. Please do switch off appliances when not in use for both yours and other guests benefits as the views of the night sky surrounding our log cabins can be amazing when light pollution is minimised.
Our telescope must be pre-booked and the hire charge paid in advance. The telescope is subject to availability and hired out on a first come first served basis. No refund will be given if you are unable to view the night sky due to unsuitable weather conditions. If the use of the telescope is integral to your stay you must contact us prior to booking to ensure it is available.
A minimum charge of £10 plus the cost of postage is made for the return of lost property after your departure. Items of lost property can only be held for a maximum of one month after which time they are donated to charity. We cannot be held responsible for items reported lost which cannot be found. Property is at all times the responsibility of the owner.
Right of Entry
We will not normally enter a lodge once let without your agreement, however employees of Windmill Lodges shall be allowed the right of entry to property at all reasonable times for purposes of inspection or to carry out any necessary repairs or maintenance.
Windmill Lodges cannot accept liability for any damage; expense, injury, death or loss of any nature whatsoever suffered by any person(s) from any cause other than the proven negligence of us or our employees. You must take all necessary steps to safeguard your personal property and no liability to you is accepted in respect of damage to or loss of such property.
Windmill Lodges shall not be liable where the performance of our contract with you is prevented or affected by reason of circumstances, which amount to force majeure. These circumstances include any event which we could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. For example, act of God or Government, fire, flood, exceptional weather conditions, break-in, criminal damage, riots or civil strife, natural or nuclear disaster, war or threat of war, actual or threatened terrorist activity, epidemics, pandemics and all similar situations beyond our control.
All occupiers of Windmill Lodges are expected to abide by the Site Rules.
For full details of how we comply with the General Data Protection Regulation of 2018 (GDPR) refer to the privacy notice on our website. A printed copy is available by request. We do not give any information to third parties unless required by law or legal process to disclose your personal information and we will do only in accordance with the law. Visitors to our website: Cookies are small text files placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are used to make websites work more efficiently and also provide information to the owners of the website. When visiting Windmill Lodges website the information collected does not identify individuals. Any information, which is collected anonymously is used for identifying numbers of visitors to the site, what pages they have visited and where they have come from. This helps us to continue to make improvements to our website.
Windmill Lodges endeavour to ensure that everything is to your satisfaction during your stay. Should there be any cause for complaint during the occupation of the property, it must be notified promptly to the Management and in the case of a serious problem confirmed in writing. We welcome the opportunity of dealing with any queries during your stay to minimise any impact on your holiday. Details of how to contact us whilst you are here can be found in the welcome folder in each of our lodges.
HOT TUB RISK ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND DISCLAIMER
All guests wishing to use the hot tubs at Windmill Lodges are required to read this disclaimer prior to first use. We know that your hot tub is an integral part of your holiday, and we want you to enjoy the use of it safely.
- Persons using medication and/or having an adverse medical history should consult their doctor before using the hot tub. Some medications may cause drowsiness, others may affect the heart rate, blood pressure and circulation. BE AWARE. If in doubt consult your doctor.
- Pregnant or possibly pregnant women should consult a doctor before use as excessive water temperatures have a high potential for foetal damage during the early months of pregnancy.
- People with heart disease, diabetes, high or low blood pressure should consult a doctor before using the hot tub.
- The water in the spa should NEVER exceed 40o Temperatures between 38o and 40o are considered safe for healthy adults. Lower temperatures are recommended for children when hot tub usage exceeds 10 -14 minutes.
- A maximum of 20 minutes is recommended for each session when using the hot tub. The hot tub will automatically turn off after this time. Long exposures can cause a rise in body temperature which can lead to dizziness, nausea, fainting & reduce awareness
- Do not use drugs or alcohol before or during use of the hot tub as these can lead to unconsciousness and the possibility of drowning.
- Children under the age of 5 are not allowed to use the hot tub. Only children aged 5 and over who can stand with their head above the water can use the hot tub.
- Children under 16 years old must be supervised at all times.
- Do not place any electrical appliances within 3 metres of the hot tub.
- People with infectious diseases should NOT use the hot tub.
- To avoid personal injury take care when entering or exiting the hot tub. The surrounding area will be wet and the steps and decking may be slippery.
- The use of alcohol or drugs increases the risk of hypothermia in hot tubs.
- Hot tubs are treated with chemicals incl chlorine. If you are allergic do not use the hot tub.
- Please shower before using your hot tub – shower gels, body lotion etc cause foam in the hot tub. Excessive foam could result a need to drain your hot tub. Always shower after using the hot tub to remove chlorine etc.
- Swimwear must be worn at all times. Long hair is to be tied up.
- To avoid injury please do not use glasses in the spa. Plastic drinking glasses have been supplied for your use. If a glass is broken in or near your hot tub it will need to be drained. This will result in a £50.00 charge.
- In the event of inappropriate use resulting in the need to drain and refill the hot tub, a charge of £50 will be made.
- Please do not use your hot tub between 10am and 12noon to allow us to carry out our daily checks.
- Please note – the use of the hot tub can be withdrawn at any time if users are causing a disturbance to others or using it inappropriately.
- We accept no responsibility for any reactions or illness you might experience following the use of this hot tub.
By reading this disclaimer you are agreeing to our terms and conditions.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS – PETS
Well behaved pets are welcome at Windmill Lodges, in our pet friendly log cabins (Wagtail or Woodpecker). If you choose to bring your pet you will be required to pay a £100.00 pre–authorised card payment per pet (max 2) as a security deposit, which must be made no later than 3 days prior to your arrival by contacting us by phone with your card details.
If bringing your pet, you must adhere to the following rules:
- No pet is to be left unattended or alone inside or outside of your cabin or cause disturbance to neighbours.
- No pet must be taken into any other log cabin other than the one it is booked to stay in.
- Around the site, dogs must be kept under control and on a lead at all times.
- No dogs allowed in the swimming pool dome. A hook is provided on the patio area.
- You are responsible for your pet at all times during your stay.
- No more than 2 dogs are allowed in our pet friendly cabins and the breed and age of dog must be supplied upon booking. Dogs must be at least 10 months old.
- A charge of £25 is made per dog. Once booked if you decide not to bring your pet no refund will be given.
- Pets must be clean and dry before being brought into your log cabin.
- Pets are not allowed on furniture or in the bedrooms.
- If you wish to bring your pet and it is not a dog please contact us to discuss prior to booking.
- All pets must be of good health, flea and worming treatments and vaccinations must be up to date.
- Please bring your own pet bedding, towels for drying your pet and anything you need to protect our log cabin.
- You must clear up after your dog and you are responsible for removing any evidence left by your pet both inside and outside of your log cabin. Failure to do so will incur an additional cost, which will be taken from your security deposit.
- Please ensure you abide by the countryside code and do not let your pet disturb the wildlife around our site.
- Pets are not permitted in the hot tubs or in the lake.
- If we consider your pet to be causing a nuisance, harm or threat to anyone or anything, or be likely to do so, we may ask you to remove your pet (without any refund or compensation on your holiday) or we may have your pet removed at your expense.
- Should a member of staff visit your cabin to carry out any required maintenance you must take your pet out of the cabin or into a different room, whilst the work is undertaken.
Terms and Conditions
Windmill Lodges reserve the right to change or amend our terms and conditions at any time. We also reserve the right to terminate the agreement/booking without refund of money if the behaviour of any guest is considered unacceptable, site rules are broken or if the number of occupants exceeds that stated at the time of booking
ALL OCCUPIERS OF WINDMILL LODGES ARE EXPECTED TO ABIDE BY THE FOLLOWING RULES
- Smoking is not permitted in our lodges.
- Pets are only permitted if prebooked in one of our pet friendly lodges (Wagtail & Woodpecker) and all pet terms and conditions must be adhered to.
- No furniture, bedding, plates or cutlery are to be moved from or between lodges.
- There will be a charge for missing and damaged linen.
On departure before 10am please ensure that:
- All washing up is done/dishwasher emptied.
- Beds are stripped, with the bedding placed on the floor with the duvet cover separate to the rest of the bedding.
- Towels are placed in a dry bath. Please leave towelling robes hanging up.
- All bins are emptied including the bathroom, bedroom and living room bins and the rubbish/recycling has been taken to the refuse/recycling point provided at the entrance to the site.
- The lodge is left as clean and tidy as you found it upon arrival.
Windmill Lodges reserve the right to issue an additional charge (to the person who made the booking) for lodges left in a poor state on departure. All breakages and damages will be charged for in addition to this.
All guests are expected to behave in a courteous manner to the owners, staff and other occupiers at all times.
You agree that you will not:
- Commit any criminal offence at Windmill Lodges or use your Lodge for the furtherance of any criminal activity.
- Commit any act of vandalism or nuisance, keep any firearm or weapon in your Lodge.
- Use unlawful drugs.
- Create any noise or disturbance.
- Fireworks and drones are strictly not permitted.
- Carry on any trade or business in your Lodge.
As we are a small quiet site we limit the number of visitors. If you wish to have visitors during your stay this has to be by prior arrangement only.
Children under the age of 16 must be supervised at all times. This is particularly important when using the hot tub, swimming pool and whilst in the vicinity of the lake.
The use of the hot tub and swimming pool is at your own risk. Prior to first use, all information on the swimming pool and the hot tub risk acknowledgement and disclaimer must be read. We maintain our hot tubs on a daily basis. In the event of inappropriate use resulting in the need to drain and refill the hot tub, a charge of £50.00 will be made. The use of the hot tubs is prohibited between 10am and 12noon to allow us to carry out daily maintenance. Guides to the proper use of our hot tubs are available in each of our lodges. Swimwear must be worn at all times and please ensure you shower before and after use.
No paddling, swimming or use of boats is permitted in the lake or on the banks of the lake.
Barbecues are only permitted when using the barbecue stand on your lodge. These are for use with disposable barbecues only. Barbecues are only available from Easter to October.
Please respect other guests and ensure no noise is audible outside the lodge between the hours of 22.00 and 08.00. Please bear this in mind in particular when using the hot tub.
These must only be parked in the designated parking area and must not be left on the grass or where they can obstruct the roadway or cause damage to landscaping. Repairs to vehicles (except emergency repairs) must not be carried out. All signs are to be obeyed at all times. Please do not exceed 5 mph when driving around our site. Charging of electric vehicles is permitted at dedicated EV Charge point only.
We reserve the right to terminate the agreement / booking without refund of money if the behaviour of any guest is considered unacceptable, the site rules broken, or if the number of occupants exceeds that stated at the time of booking.