At Windmill Lodges we operate seven log cabins from our site just outside the market town of Framlingham near the picturesque Suffolk Heritage Coast. We are committed to providing good quality service whilst actively reducing our environmental impact. Our activities are largely based around provision of services and utilities for our guests. As a result, the majority of our energy spend and carbon emissions are from use of grid electricity and burning of LPG, our main purchases by environmental impact include glassware, chemicals for hot tub maintenance and food & drink products.
We are constantly seeking new ways in which we can reduce our impact on our environment without forsaking the comfort and enjoyment of our guests. Some ways in which we are currently achieving this are:-
- Our lodges are built from wood from sustainable resources – wood is an incredibly good insulator and its natural thermal insulation provides all year round comfort – warm in winter, cool in summer.
- All windows are double glazed
- All curtains are fully lined to prevent heat loss
- Showers are provided to use instead of baths as a water saving option
- Recycling of glass, paper, cardboard and cans through our on site recycling bins and bottle bank
- Our welcome pack consists of locally sourced products
- We bulk buy and refill whenever possible to reduce packaging waste
- We have installed energy saving light bulbs wherever appropriate
- When replacing white goods, we are doing so with energy efficient products
- We provide public transport timetables and a local footpath map
- We provide online booking with email notification to reduce paper
- We use email whenever possible and appropriate to reduce paper
- We double sided print whenever possible
- We use an eco tank printer allowing us to refill with liquid ink