Windmill Lodges is a small development of authentic log cabins set around a small lake in the heart of rural Suffolk. We aim to cater for the needs of all visitors and have tried to provide as much information as possible in this statement, however if you do have any questions then please do not hesitate to contact us. We look forward to welcoming you & helping you make the most of your stay.
- Our website www.windmilllodges.co.uk provides comprehensive information and the facility to book online.
- Bookings/enquires can be made by telephone, email or via our website. Office hours are Monday & Friday 9am to 5pm, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday 9am to 12 noon.
- This access statement is available on our website & in the welcome pack in each of our log cabins.
- We accept pets in the following log cabins only; Wagtail & Woodpecker.
- We are located on the A1120 (Tourist Route) in Saxtead. A car is recommended to fully enjoy the surrounding area.
- Nearest town is Framlingham which is situated 2 miles away. This has a range of shops including a supermarket, chemist, bank, newsagent, butcher, bakery and delicatessen.
- Nearest railway station is Saxmundham (10 miles) where trains run to Ipswich and London Liverpool Street.
- Nearest bus stop is Framlingham (2 miles). Bus routes run to Diss and Ipswich. There is a bus stop in Saxtead, however the bus only stops there occasionally.
- Taxis are available locally and we can make necessary bookings.
- The nearest mobility aids facility is in Ipswich (16 miles).
- The nearest RADAR toilet is in Crown & Anchor Lane, Framlingham.
- We are able to accept delivery of hoists and other mobility aids with prior agreement.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- The reception area has parking for several cars.
- The road surface within the Windmill Lodges holiday site is mainly gravel.
- There is parking for 2 cars beside each lodge. These are allocated spaces for use by occupants of the lodge only.
Main Entrance & Reception
- Access to reception is by a small step onto a decked area. The flooring area within the Reception is tiled.
- Car Parking is available outside the reception area.
Public Areas – General (Internal)
- We have an indoor swimming pool that is accessed via 2 small steps. Access to the pool is by a Step ladder.
- Please also refer to Public areas WC & Laundry
Public Areas – WC
- There is a public WC and shower located in ‘The Hut’ next to the swimming pool. Access to this building is via 2 small steps.
Restaurant/ Dining Room, Bar, Lounges, Take Away & Café
- Laundry facilities are located ‘The Hut’ next to the swimming pool. There is a front loading standard size washing machine and separate tumble dryer (charges apply). Access to ‘The Hut’ is via two small steps.
- We do not have a shop onsite. Framlingham (2 miles) has a range of shops.
- Our lodges are self catering and we accept online grocery deliveries. All major supermarkets will deliver to your lodge. Please call to discuss delivery arrangements.
- There is an covered swimming pool on site. Access to the pool area is via two small steps. The swimming pool is only to be used during times displayed at the entrance to the pool. It is open from end of May to October. All children under the age of 16 must be supervised. Persons allowed inside the pool dome – minimum 2, maximum 8.
- An outdoor hot tub is situated next to each lodge. Access to the hot tub is via wooden steps.
- There is a lake on site which covers approximately half an acre.
- Each lodge has its own barbeque stand for disposable barbeques on the decking area (available Easter to October). Outdoor seating and dining furniture is also located on the decking area of each lodge.
- Kingfisher has a gas barbecue and the outdoor seating & dining furniture is on a paved patio area.
Conference & Meeting Rooms, Banqueting, Clubs, Entertainment
- There are the following 4* Lodges:- One Bedroom – Chaffinch, Two Bedroom – Bullfinch, Goldfinch, Wagtail, Woodpecker, Three Bedroom Lodge – Greenfinch. The main bedroom in Wagtail & Woodpecker (2 bedroom lodges) has a four poster double bed (standard size) and in Goldfinch and Bullfinch the master bedrooms have a king size bed. All other bedrooms have twin beds. Goldfinch lodge has zip and link beds in the second bedroom that can be arranged as a king size bed (upon request).There is also an occasional use bed available (at additional cost) in these lodges. Chaffinch (one bedroom lodge) has a king size leather sleigh bed and the option of an occasional use bed is available (at additional cost) for a child up to the age of 11.
- There is a 5* Two bedroom lodge (Kingfisher). This has a king size wooden sleigh bed in the master bedroom and a standard size double bed in the second bedroom. The option of an occasional use bed is available (at additional cost) for a child up to the age of 11.
- Kingfisher has an infra red sauna.
- Lighting in the bedroom areas are a main ceiling lights and bedside lamps.
- The bedroom floor surface in Bullfinch, Goldfinch and Greenfinch is wooden and the bedroom floor surface in Chaffinch, Woodpecker, Wagtail and Kingfisher is carpet.
Bathroom, Shower Room & WC (En-suite or Shared)
- Each bathroom and en-suite has a standard height toilet, and washbasin.
- Details of baths and showers for each lodge:- Chaffinch – double ended bath & separate shower cubicle. Woodpecker & Wagtail – bath with shower over & shower screen and separate standard size shower cubicle. Bullfinch – 2 baths with shower over and curved shower screens. Goldfinch – 2 baths with shower over and shower screen. Greenfinch – 2 baths with shower over and shower screen. Kingfisher – corner bath & double size separate shower cubicle.
- The bathroom floor surface in Woodpecker, Wagtail and Bullfinch is vinyl and Kingfisher has ceramic tiles. All the other lodges have wooden floors in the bathrooms.
- Lighting in the bathrooms is overhead.
Self Catering Kitchen
- The kitchen in each lodge (except Kingfisher) is open plan in design with standard size appliances. Each kitchen has a gas hob, oven, dishwasher, fridge & microwave. Greenfinch has a fridge freezer and Chaffinch has a coffee maker.
- Kingfisher lodge has a gas range cooker, microwave, built in washer dryer, fridge freezer, dishwasher, bread maker and coffee maker.
- The floor surface in the kitchen area is wooden for all lodges except Kingfisher which is vinyl.
- Lighting in the kitchen is all overhead spot lights.
Caravans, Holiday Homes & Twin Units
- Each Lodge has its name displayed outside.
- Access to each of our lodges is via one step. The decking area outside the lodge can be slippery in wet weather. You will be required to step over half a log to gain access via the front door.
- Woodpecker, Wagtail and Kingfisher lodges also have ramps for access, however access to Woodpecker and Wagtail lodges is via a step over the threshold.
Touring Facilities (Holiday Parks)
Boats – Narrow Boat, Cruiser & Hotel Boat
Attractions ( Displays, exhibits, rides etc.)
- There are many attractions in Suffolk, each offering varying levels of accessibility.
- Leaflets of attractions are located in each lodge and in ‘The Hut’. If you need further information or wish to book any tickets then please contact reception who will be pleased to assist you.
Grounds and Gardens
- Our grounds are reasonably level and mainly grass. There is a gravel road which leads onto a gravel path to each lodge.
- All our lodges are non smoking
- Wagtail & Woodpecker lodges are pet friendly
- Mobile telephone reception is reasonable in the area although networks do vary.
- Wifi access is offered in all our lodges at no additional charge, however due to the nature of our conection and our locality the signal may be weak at times particularly in poor weather.
Address: Windmill Lodges, Red House Farm, Saxtead, Woodbridge, Suffolk, IP13 9RD
Telephone: (01728) 685338
Reception Hours: Monday & Friday 9am to 5pm, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 9am to 12 noon. Emergency number is available outside of these times.
Framlingham Medical Centre: 01728 723627
Ipswich Hospital: (Hospital Switchboard – 01473 712233) or (Emergency Department – 01473 702033)
Police – Emergency: 999
Police (non emergency): 101
Vets : 01728 723480