What Makes Our Lodges Different?
We are very aware that choosing your holiday destination can sometimes be a difficult decision, so we’ve put a bit of thought into “What makes us Different”
- Windmill Lodges is a small family run and owned site
- We do not use an agency to take our bookings – when you call us you speak to us; therefore if you have any specific requirements you are able to discuss it directly with us.
- We only have a total of seven log cabins. These are arranged in a semi-circle around our small lake; with hedging between each cabin to ensure privacy. From each of our log cabins you can enjoy the big Suffolk Skies and watch the sun going down over the trees and fields beyond.
- The log cabins at Windmill Lodges are built in the traditional Swedish/Scandinavian cope method using 8″ round pine logs; this means that round log is placed on round log with insulation between the logs. This build method has a high thermal efficiency ensuring a comfortable environment all year round.
- Each lodge has its own private hot tub situated either directly from the master bedroom or the hallway. The hot tubs have screening around them to ensure privacy.
- We have a small long serving team of locally employed dedicated staff who have a real enthusiasm for our lodges ensuring our guests enjoy their stay with us.
- Our office is on site; if you have any queries you can pop in and see us
- My husband and I live in the farmhouse so if you require any assistance outside office hours we are close to hand
- Windmill Lodges is suitable for any vacation from a romantic getaway to family holiday; our site is designed and cabins furnished with this in mind
- We have a high proportion of guests visit us again and again, some have been visiting us for over 15 years
- All guests receive some locally sourced welcome goodies including tea, coffee, sugar, milk & eggs. Our 5* Kingfisher Lodge receives some additional items to this too.
- Your beds are made up for your arrival with each guest supplied with a bath sheet, hand towel and towelling robe; and so the children don’t miss out we also supply child robes.
- There are no hidden extras the only additional costs once you arrive is if you choose to use the onsite laundry facilities.
- We are located in a rural setting just off Saxtead Green over which stands proud its beautiful post windmill. A stroll across the green takes you to The Old Mill House pub who serve a traditional roast carvery seven days a week
- The small market town of Framlingham with a 12th Century curtain walled castle is only two miles away, a market is held on a Tuesday and Saturday. Framlingham benefits from restaurants and independent shops and has in the past been voted “The best place to live” by Country LIfe Magazine
- Our location is just off the Tourist Route through Suffolk making it the ideal base from which to explore the Suffolk Heritage Coast, countryside, towns or forests.